Whitehouse Brothers was founded in 1898 by Joseph C. and William H. Whitehouse. The brothers quickly developed a reputation for manufacturing finely designed and crafted platinum jewellery. The jewellers at Whitehouse Brothers were truly renaissance men. By the early 1920’s Whitehouse Brothers had grown to become the largest manufacturing jeweller in America, employing over 100 craftsmen. Among those employed were designers of precious metal jewellery, who were being classically trained in Cincinnati as metal sculptors.